Fort Concho serves thousands of guests each year with education programs, special events, tours, and more. We do this with the help of a loyal and talented volunteer corps that is invested in helping us fulfill our mission. If you are interested in making a difference in the community through volunteering, Fort Concho offers three service areas that are sure to fit your goals, interests and schedule!
Education volunteers serve in our Docents Program or as part of one of our *Living History units. Dressed in period clothing, they portray 19th century soldiers or civilians and interpret the site’s history during special events, educational programs, or tour groups.
Support volunteers assist in a number of capacities. From special events to mail outs and maintenance, support volunteers ensure Fort Concho can provide a variety of programs, events, and services to the public.
Fort Concho National Historic Landmark:
- Is one of San Angelo’s major tourist attractions.
- Serves over 60,000 guests each year.
- Hosts dozens of events, education programs, art shows, summer camps and tours throughout the year.
- Houses two special research collections.
- Cares for thousands of artifacts.
- Has six living history units including Infantry, Cavalry, Buffalo Soldiers, Artillery, Laundresses, and Vintage Base Ball.